Advanced Safety Protocol – West Hartford, CT, Avon CT
How We Keep You & Our Team Safe
Our Safety Protocols
Blue Back Dental has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) and infection control measures that have exceeded all the CDC guidelines. However, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
We have trained and educated our team regarding COVID-19 and have enhanced some of our office protocols to ensure the highest level of safety and health. We implemented the following changes in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In our waiting area as well as in each operatory, we have installed Surgical Clean Air Ambient Air Scrubber JADE 4-stage HEPA-certified air disinfectors that utilize a True HEPA Filter with Antimicrobial Treatment and UV light to safely remove 99.995% of airborne particles including viruses, pollen, ragweed & other allergens, dust mites, mold spores & smoke. The carbon filter also removes odors and captures large airborne particles. Visit SCA Dental to view supporting research.
- A respiratory protection program for our clinical team involving level-3 surgical masks and fit-tested N-95 or higher masks
- Enhanced barriers, state-of-the-art Isodry dental isolation, and vacuum protocols.
- Pre-procedural antimicrobial mouth rinses for all patients to reduce exposure to germs at every patient visit.
As always, we will continue to:
- Disinfect all surfaces in the dental operatories, such as the dental chair, dental light, drawer handles, and countertops with medical-grade disinfectants that kill 99.9% of all harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Use disposable protective coverings on high contact areas of our equipment which are disposed of and replaced after each patient visit.
- Sterilize non-disposable items such as dental tools and instruments between patients using hospital-grade sterilization equipment. Our sterilization equipment is monitored and tested on a regular basis.
- Use appropriate protective equipment such as gloves, masks, gowns, and eyewear. This is called PPE or “Personal Protective Equipment,” and it protects both the patient and the treatment team.
- Disinfect our hands in between every patient interaction and before putting on a new pair of gloves and mask.
- When you are in treatment, an elevated protocol of infection controls is carried out throughout your visit to ensure your safety. With the immense amount of resources we have invested and the amount of time we have spent training our team, we know that we will continue to be a hub of safety, health, and wellness for years to come. We look forward to seeing you at your next visit.
Blue Back Dental Doctors and Team