Emergency Dentist – West Hartford, CT, Avon CT
Same-Day Care to Address Your Immediate Dental Needs
No dental injury is too complicated for our team of skilled dentists and specialists. At Blue Back Dental, we can treat all types of cases. And because we understand that dental emergencies don’t always occur during normal hours, we are available to provide same-day service as well as weekend care should you or your child suffer a serious injury. Give us a call to let us help you get the immediate attention you need from our emergency dentists in West Hartford and Avon.
Why Choose Blue Back Dental for Emergency Dentistry?
- Same-Day Emergency Dental Appointments Available
- Skilled Dentists & Specialists Provide Immediate Care
- Natural-Looking, High-Quality Restorations
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
- Call to schedule an appointment: When you first call our dental office to schedule an appointment, we’ll survey the severity of the problem and work quickly to try and get you in as soon as possible. In the meantime, we’ll offer helpful first-aid tips to ensure you do not further damage your smile while at home.
- Undergo a thorough examination: Our team will begin to take diagnostic images of your smile to pinpoint the area of concern. We’ll make notes to determine how best to approach the issue and decide if you require further treatment.
- Review our findings: Once we have compiled our findings, we will craft a personalized treatment plan and go over it with you so that you are not surprised by our process.
- Address the problem area: We’ll work to get you out of any pain as well as treat the underlying problem to improve the state and future of your smile.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
It’s not always easy trying to determine if you should go to the dentist’s office for a dental emergency. What may look minimal to you might actually cause more serious issues if left untreated. This is why we encourage you to call our office if you experience any pain throughout your mouth or jaw. You can also review the most common dental emergencies we treat in-house so that you are better prepared should one occur.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
How much you can expect to pay for your dental emergency treatment depends on various factors that our team will determine during your appointment. There is no set price because each injury is different, as is each person. The severity of the damage, the type of restorative care needed, and how you plan to pay are all considerations. But don’t worry, as our team will work with you to ensure that you get the maximum from your insurance company and avoid paying high out-of-pocket costs.
Keys to Preventing Dental Emergencies
If you want to avoid spending money on emergency dental visits, you’ll want to adopt some of the following tips. While not all emergencies are avoidable, there are things you can do to lower your risk, such as:
- Eating healthy, nutrient-rich foods that are not high in sugar and starch
- Maintaining good oral hygiene at home with daily brushing, flossing, and rinsing
- Keeping your regular dental checkups and cleanings with our team at Blue Back Dental
- Wearing a mouthguard while playing sports
- Wearing a nightguard if you suffer from bruxism
- Never use your teeth as tools to open packages or containers
Dental Emergency FAQs
Whether you just experienced a sharp pain when biting down or you’ve been struggling with a toothache for several weeks now, you might have lots of questions on your mind, starting with “What should I do?” Our team at Blue Back Dental is just a call away to answer any questions you have, but we also know that it isn’t always convenient to get on the phone. So, we’ve dedicated this next section to answering FAQs about emergency dentistry!
Will my toothache go away on its own?
Unfortunately, tooth decay, gum disease, and other oral health problems cannot heal on their own. That’s why it’s so important to get in touch with our West Hartford emergency dental team when you first notice something unusual, like pain when biting down. If you don’t, then the root of the problem will continue to worsen, negatively impacting your oral and overall health in the process.
How should I sleep with tooth pain?
Although we offer same-day emergency dental care, there are some cases where you may need to wait a day or two for an appointment, like if you are currently traveling for work. In cases like this, it can be helpful to know how to sleep with tooth pain. First, we recommend sticking to soft, nutrient-dense foods during dinner, like lean protein and cooked vegetables. Then, complete your oral hygiene routine, prop yourself up on some pillows, and take an OTC pain reliever about 30 minutes before going to sleep.
Should I visit the emergency room first for dental emergencies?
There’s really only one reason you should go to the ER instead of the dentist: if you’re experiencing potentially life-threatening symptoms, like trouble breathing or uncontrollable bleeding. If you go to the ER because of a cavity, there isn’t anything they can do outside of alleviating your discomfort because they don’t usually have dentists on-staff. So, if you have a persistent toothache, loose restoration, knocked-out tooth, or something similar, your first call should be to your dental team.
Do chipped teeth heal?
No, a chipped tooth won’t heal on its own. In order to restore the missing structure of your tooth, alleviate any discomfort you’re feeling, and make sure that your surrounding teeth and gums weren’t damaged in the process, you need to come in for an appointment.
My chipped tooth doesn’t hurt. Do I still need to visit?
Yes, even if your chipped tooth doesn’t hurt, you need to come in for an exam. That way, we can make sure it isn’t at risk of developing an infection or breaking further. If it is, then we can intervene right away with the necessary restorative or cosmetic care.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Worried About Gum Disease I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Want to Enhance My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I'm Not Sleeping Well View Our Services